Japan Benefit concert
On May 30th, 2011, members of the Berlin Philharmonic will join with cellists Mischa Maisky, Jing Zhao, pianist Itamar Golan, and Martha Argerich to play a benefit concert for the FTV Junior Orchestra of Japan.
Itamar Golan and Argerich will perform four-hand piano works by Mozart and Schubert, also Guy Braunstein and Daishin Kashimoto, two of the four concertmasters of the Berlin Philharmonic, along with the orchestra’s new principal violist Amihai Grosz, will play works by Shostakovich, Dvorak and Schumann.
- 30 May, 2011 8pm
- Mozart: Sonata for piano four hands in D major K 381
- Schubert: Notturno in E flat major D 897
- Shostakovich: Piano Trio No. 2 in E minorDvořák: Tercet für two violins and viola in C major
- Schumann: Piano Quintet in E flat major
- Martha Argerich • Itamar Golan, piano
- Guy Braunstein • Daishin Kashimoto, violin
- Amihai Grosz, viola
- Mischa Maisky • Jing Zhao, cello
- Kammermusiksaal, Philharmonie, Berlin, Germany
Tags: Martha Argerich, Concert for Japan, May 30th, 2011