Kissin plays Liszt
Franz Liszt was born on October 22, 1811; as such this is the “Liszt year”, and we are going to have all sorts of CD’s and DVD’s come to market to celebrate this occasion. Pianist Evgeny Kissin is no exception, and we get here an amazing selection of Liszt performances – the great virtuoso pianist of the nineteenth century, as interpreted by pianist Evgeny Kissin!
Recorded between 1987 and 2003, this CD contains live recordings from Carnegie Hall, New York and Suntory Hall, Tokyo.
What can one say? These are absolutely astounding performances.
This CD was issued on April 26, 2011
- Mephisto Waltz No. 1
- Transcendental Study, S139 No. 5 ‘Feux Follets’
- Transcendental Study, S139 No. 10 ‘Appassionata’
- Transcendental Study, S139 No. 11 ‘Harmonies du soir’
- Transcendental Study, S139 No. 12 ‘Chasse-neige’
- Liebestraum, S541 No. 3 in A flat major
- Rhapsodie espagnole, S254
And also on this collection are Schubert and Schumann transcriptions for piano
Listen now to Evgeny Kissin, as he plays Liszt-Liebestraum No.3:
Tags: Evgeny Kissin, Liszt