This recording shows us the level of excellence that has been achieved by singer Joyce DiDonato in becoming a top interpreter of the music of Gioacchino Rossini
“To make a recording of Rossini arias is a true dream for me,” says Joyce DiDonato. “His works have been hugely responsible for giving me the opportunity to break into this crazy opera world, and they have given me such incredible joy on the stage. I wanted to take this wonderful opportunity to show the wide, surprising range of his compositions.
Here are the tracks on this CD:
1. Armida: D’amor Al Dolce Impero
2. La Donna Del Lago: Oh Mattutini Albori
3. La Donna Del Lago: Tanti Aaffetti In Tal Momento
4. La Donna Del Lago: Fra Il Padre, E Fra L’amante
5. Maometto II: Giusto Ciel, In Tal Periglio
6. Elisabetta, Regina D’Inghilterra: Qant’è Grato All’alma Mia
7. Semiramide: Serena I Vaghi Rai…. Bel Raggio Lusinghier
8. Semiramide: Bel Raggio Lusinghier Di Speme
9. Otello: Ah! Dagli Affanni Oppressa
10. Otello: Nessun Maggior Dolore
11. Otello: O Come Infino Al Core
12. Otello: Assisa Appiè D’un Salice
13. Otello: Deh Calma, O Ciel, Nel Sonno
14. Armida: Se Al Mio Crudel Tormento
15. Armida: Dove Son Io!
16. Armida: È Ver….Gode Quest’Anima
The sound on this recording is superb, the conducting, playing and choral singing are excellent. Marilyn Horne was for many years *the* top Rossini interpreter. Now, my sense is that the baton has been passed to Joyce DiDonato.
Each of the tracks shows us an artist with an outstanding voice, and capable of producing music that is thrillingly and beautifully sung.
Here is Joyce Di Donato in Armida, Final Scene (Rossini):
Here are Arias from Rossini’s Operas sang by Joyce DiDonato, and she also speaks about herself and her artistic development:
If you’d like to purchase this recording at Amazon, just click on the image below:
Tags: Joyce DiDonato, Rossini, Muse, Otello, Armida