Lars Vogt, pianist
This recording, while not new provides an opportunity to listen to a great masterpiece, the Schubert piano sonata number 21, as performed by Lars Vogt.
Schubert was at the end of his life when this composition was created. And one can hear the tragedy, sadness and despair of it all. A man of genius, age 31, knows he’s dying. And Lars Vogt presents the great drama of this composition.
The three Schubert Klavierstuecke are similarly presented in a beautiful way on this CD.
The tracks on this CD are:
1. Sonata No 21 in B Flat major D960: Molto moderato
2. Sonata No 21 in B Flat major D960: Andante sostenuto
3. Sonata No 21 in B Flat major D960: Scherzo: Allegro vivace con delicatezza / Trio
4. Sonata No 21 in B Flat major D960: Allegro ma non troppo
5. 3 Klavierstuecke D946: No 1 in E Flat minor
6. 3 Klavierstuecke D946: No 2 in C minor
7. 3 Klavierstuecke D946: No 3 in C major
Here is Lars Vogt in Schubert’s Sonata in B Flat D 960 3rd Movement:
And now here BRAHMS’ Piano Trio Op.87, performed by LARS VOGT, piano, CHRISTIAN & MYRIAM TETZTLAFF, violin and Cello, respectively.
Tags: Lars Vogt, pianist, Schubert, Brahms