Anna Netrebko: Live at the Metropolitan Opera
- O rendetemi la speme…Qui la voce sua soave…Son vergin vezzosa (from I Puritani)
- La morale in tutto questo (from Don Pasquale)
- Il dolce suono mi colpì di sua voce! … Spargi d’amaro pianto (from Lucia di Lammermoor)
- Va! je t’ai pardonné (from Roméo et Juliette)
- Dieu! Quel frisson court dans mes veines from Romeo and Juliette
- Vedrai, carino (from Don Giovanni)
- C’est une chanson d’amour (from Les contes d’Hoffmann)
- Kak Solnca za goroy (from War & Peace)
- Ya ne budu (from War & Peace)
- Donde lieta usci (from La Bohème)
- O soave fanciulla (from La Bohème)
- Ah più non ragiono (from Rigoletto)
Performed by Anna Netrebko, soprano
The forthcoming season marks the 10th anniversary of Anna Netrebko’s debut with the Metropolitan Opera, New York. This new CD celebrates this milestone by bringing together her greatest MET moments throughout the past 10 seasons – performances never before issued on record and most never commercially released on any format.
Anna Netrebko’s first operatic album sold more than 300,000 units, the second, Sempre libera, more than 400,000, while her live recording of Verdi’s La Traviata has sold in excess of 350,000 on CD alone. This new album, capturing the thrill of her greatest performances on one of the world’s most iconic stages, will be a major event for her many fans who have followed her career in the opera house, on radio, on CD, and on DVD.
This recording also includes virtuoso arias from Mozart’s Don Giovanni, Bellini’s I Puritani, Verdi’s Rigoletto, Gounod’s Roméo et Juliette, Offenbach’s Les Contes d’Hoffmann, Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor and Puccini’s La Bohème.
The selections – including performances with tenors Roberto Alagna, Joseph Calleja and Juan Diego Flórez – demonstrate Anna Netrebko’s amazing vocal range and dramatic interpretations.
Here is Ms. Netrebko in a Don Pasquale Dress Rehearsal Clip:
And here she sings “Quel guardo il cavaliere” from Don Pasquale at the Metropolitan Opera:
Tags: Anna Netrebko, Metropolitan Opera, 10th anniversary