J S Bach: Suites for Guitar
Bach, J S:
- Lute Suites Nos. 1-4, BWV995-997 & 1006a
- Partita for solo violin No. 2 in D minor, BWV1004
- Prelude, Fugue & Allegro for Lute in E flat major, BWV998
- Prelude in D minor (Little Prelude for Solo Lute in C minor), BWV999
- Fugue in G minor for lute, BWV1000
Performed Luigi Attademo (guitar)
It was about 85 years ago that guitarist Andrés Segovia recorded the Courante of the 3rd Cello Suite by Johann Sebastian Bach, and he followed this with the Chaconne from the Partita No.2 for solo violin. Other guitar performers such as Julian Bream and Narciso Yepes also made recordings of Bach’s music on the guitar, but it was John Williams who eventually recorded the complete works for lute.
This recording also includes the complete Partita No.2 for solo violin. To ensure that questions of interpretation were considered thoroughly, these recordings were made following extensive study of 18th century performance practice, as well as secondary sources that discuss how Bach’s music was originally played.
Here is J S Bach’s Sonata number 2 for solo violin BWV 1003-Allegro, as performed by guitarist Luigi Attademo
And here is Luigi Attademo playing Scarlatti Sonata K32
Tags: Luigi Attademo, Guitar, Bach