Barenboim plays Mozart Piano Concertos
- Live recording from the Siemens-Villa, Berlin, 1986 – 1989
- Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor, K466
- Piano Concerto No. 21 in C major, K467 ‘Elvira Madigan’
- Piano Concerto No. 22 in E flat major, K482
- Piano Concerto No. 23 in A major, K488
- Piano Concerto No. 24 in C minor, K491
- Piano Concerto No. 25 in C major, K503
- Piano Concerto No. 26 in D major, K537 ‘Coronation’
- Piano Concerto No. 27 in B flat major, K595
Performed by Daniel Barenboim (piano), with the Berliner Philharmoniker
On this DVD, the Grammy award-winning pianist Daniel Barenboim, long known for his Mozart interpretations, turns his attention to Mozart’s last 8 piano concertos.
It seems like the music of Mozart has been the subject of frequent performances throughout Daniel Barenboim’s entire life. It remains central to his performing career both as a pianist and as a conductor.
These amazing performances of Mozart’s last eight great piano concertos clearly demonstrate Barenboim’s dictum that even when a true musician has already performed a familiar work hundreds of times, he or she ‘never accepts that the next note will be played the same way as it was played before.’
Here are Barenboim and the Berliner Philharmoniker in a short extract from Mozart Piano Concertos 20-27
And here is Daniel Barenboim playing the first movement of Mozart’s piano sonata # 10 in C major.