Anna Netrebko & Rolando Villazón – Duets
Two amazing singers get together to bring us dues from several operas. And you guessed it: The results are outstanding!
The selections are:
- De mon amie (from Les pêcheurs de perles)
- Dieu puissant, le voila (from Les Pêcheurs de Perles)
- Lucia, perdona se ad ora inusitata (from Lucia di Lammermoor)
- Sulla tomba che rinserra (from Lucia di Lammermoor)
- Va, je t’ai pardonné…Anges du ciel (from Roméo et Juliette)
- Toi ! Vous ! Oui ! Je fus cruelle… N’est-ce plus ma main (from Manon)
- O soave fanciulla (from La Bohème)
- Tvoyo molean’ye neponyatna from Iolanta
- Callate carazon! Duermete y calla (from Luisa Fernanda)
- È il sol dell’anima (from Rigoletto)
As examples, in the duet that closes the first act of Puccini’s La Bohème, both singers are at the top of their voices, with their phrasing sensitive and sincere. In Verdi’s Rigoletto, the Duke and Gilda are roles made for our two singers: She sounds sweet and vulnerable, and he sounds like he believes what he’s singing at the moment, and their final high D flat together is spectacular.
Here are Anna Netrebko and Rolando Villazón, as they pair up for their first duets recording. This includes behind the scenes footage from the recording session and interviews.
And here are Anna Netrebko and Rolando Villazon from their Moscow concert, as they perform the duet from “Romeo et Juliette”
Tags: Anna Netrebko, Rolando Villazón, Duets, Staatskapelle Dresden, Nicola Luisotti