Mitsuko Uchida is one of the world’s leading Mozart performers. She has championed Mozart’s piano sonatas and concertos for many years
When Ms. Uchida was a child, her father was Japan’s ambassador to Austria; What an opportunity it was for young Mitsuko to study piano in Mozart’s homeland.
This latest CD presents two of the composer’s best-loved Piano Concertos: The youthful Concerto No.9 in E flat K.271, arguably Mozart’s first great masterpiece, and the sunny No.21 in C K.467.
These are really masterful performances and allow us to hear Ms. Uchida’s excellence once again.
The tracks on this CD are:
1. Piano Concerto No.9 in E flat, K.271 – “Jeunehomme” – 1. Allegro
2. Piano Concerto No.9 in E flat, K.271 – “Jeunehomme” – 2. Andantino
3. Piano Concerto No.9 in E flat, K.271 – “Jeunehomme” – 3. Rondeau (Presto)
4. Piano Concerto No.21 in C, K.467 – 1. Allegro maestoso
5. Piano Concerto No.21 in C, K.467 – 2. Andante
6. Piano Concerto No.21 in C, K.467 – 3. Allegro vivace assai
Here is Mitsuko Uchida playing Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 9
And next, here is the Mozart Piano Concerto No 20 D minor, with the Camerata Salzburg, with Mitsuko Uchida, pianist and conductor
Tags: Mozart, Mitsuko Uchida, piano concertos