- Winner – 2011 Scottish International Guitar Competition
Marco Ramelli was born in Milan, Italy in 1984, and was the winner of the inaugural Scottish International Guitar Competition held at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. In addition, he won second prize at the renowned Seville International Guitar Competition in 2012.
On this recording, we get to hear him in the following selections:
- Partita a quattro
- Canciones populares catalanas
- Scherzo – Vals
- Grand Sonata in A major, MS. 3
- Wainscot Pond (after a painting by Cornelia Foss) from In the Woods
- Over the Rainbow (Harold Arlen) from 12 Songs
- Yesterday (John Lennon and Paul McCartney) from 12 Songs
Performed by Marco Ramelli (guitar)
Marco Ramelli is Artistic Director of the Festival Corde d’Autunno in Milan, and combines this role with an active teaching career. Marco began his studies with Andrea Dieci, graduating from the Conservatorio di musica Giuseppe Verdi in Milan, followed by a post-graduate diploma from the Conservatorio Luca Marenzio Darfo (Italy).
Marco Ramelli plays on an Angelo Vailati guitar.
Here is a video of Marco Ramelli playing the Etude n°2 by Villa Lobos
And next, Marco Ramelli plays “Wainscot Pond” from “In the Wood” by Toru Takemitsu
Tags: Marco Ramelli, guitarist, Paganini, Takemitsu