- The Best of Elina Garanča
Ten years ago Elina Garanča made her sensational début at the Salzburg Festival, singing the role of Annio in Mozart’s Clemenza di Tito. Since then Elīna Garanča has become one of the most sought-after mezzo-sopranos in the world. She is the child of musicians, and it is clear that she has music in her DNA.
Now this CD brings together favorite selections from her well-known roles, ranging from the Habanera from Carmen, the Flower Duet from Lakmé (with Anna Netrebko), to the Barcarolle from The Tales of Hoffmann.
The following selections show the beauty and great diversity of Ms. Garanča’s singing:
- Dopo l’oscuro nembo (from Adelson e Salvini)
- Riedi al campo (from I Capuleti e i Montecchi)
- Près des remparts de Séville (Séguedille) (from Carmen)
- Les tringles des sistres tintaient (from Carmen)
- L’amour est un oiseau rebelle ‘Habanera’ (from Carmen)
- Carceleras from Las hijas de Zebedeo
- Lakmé: Dôme épais (Flower Duet)
- L’ai-je bien entendu?… O mon Fernand (from La Favorite)
- Nana (No. 5 from Siete canciones populares españolas)
- Parto, parto, ma tu ben mio (from La Clemenza di Tito)
- Barcarolle (from Les Contes d’Hoffmann )
- Mon cœur s’ouvre à ta voix (from Samson et Dalila)
- Bachianas Brasileiras No. 5: Aria (Cantilena)
Performed by Elina Garanča (mezzo soprano)
This recording was released to coincide with her receiving an Echo Award, and the publication of her memoirs in December.
Here is a wonderful video of opera star Elina Garanca during recording of Mozart’s ” La clemenza di Tito”:
And next, here is Offenbach’s ‘Barcarola’ with Elina Garanca and Anna Netrebko:
Finally, here is Elina Garanča in ‘Panis Angelicus’ –as performed at a Dresden Adventskonzert:
Tags: Elina Garanča, Mezzo Soprano, The Best of Elina