Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center presents:
- “Pressler at 90”
Pianist Menahem Pressler, the founder of the legendary Beaux Arts Trio, turns ninety this week, and the Society is celebrating his birthday in fine style.
Menachem Pressler will participate in a concert with the pianist Wu Han, the violinist Daniel Hope, the cellist David Finckel, and the Emerson String Quartet in music by Schubert and Dvořák.
Mr. Pressler will participate in playing the following works:
- Schubert Fantasie in F minor for Piano, Four Hands, D. 940, Op. 103 (1828) (With pianist Wu Han)
- Dvořák Trio in E minor for Piano, Violin, and Cello, Op. 90, “Dumky” (1890-91)
- Dvořák Quintet in A major for Piano, Two Violins, Viola, and Cello, B. 155, Op. 81 (1887)
- Alice Tully Hall—Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- December 14, 2013 at 7:30PM
Lincoln Center, New York, N.Y.
Here is the Beaux Arts Trio playing Dvorak’s wonderful “Dumky” Trio:
Tags: Menachem Pressler, Wu Han, David Finckel, Dvorak, Schubert