Works of Schubert and Liszt:
- Performed by Bertrand Chamayou:
Pianist Bertrand Chamayou was born in Toulouse, France, and he is a graduate of the Paris Conservatoire. He actually had ambitions to be a composer before the piano became his musical priority. As such, it is not surprising that his creative spirit is reflected in a diverse and thoughtful repertoire.
Chamayou has built his reputation with the music of Liszt, Franck, Messiaen and contemporary composers.
On this CD, we get to hear the following:
- Auf dem Wasser zu singen, S558 No. 2 (from Schubert D774)
- Litanei – Andante Religioso (No. 1 from Vier Geistliche Lieder, S562, after Schubert)
- Der Müller und der Bach (No. 2 from Müllerlieder von Franz Schubert, S565)
- Fantasie in C major, D760 ‘Wanderer’
- Ländler (12) D790
- Allegretto in C minor, D915
- Ländler (17), D366: No. 12
- Klavierstücke (3), D946
- Kupelwieser-Walzer D I
Performed by Bertrand Chamayou (piano)
Gramophone magazine, putting Chamayou’s playing in a class with Alfred Cortot, has praised the way he … “harnesses power and depth alongside his sparkling virtuosity” and noted his “textual clarity, warm and affectionate expression and luminous piano tone”.
Here is Bertrand Chamayou in Schubert’s “Wanderer Fantasie”:
And next, here he is performing the Liszt’s Concerto No. 1
Tags: Bertrand Chamayou, Liszt, Schubert