This is a recital of Edvard Grieg’s lovely Lyric Pieces for piano, transcribed for solo guitar. Guitarist Peter Fletcher wrote the transcriptions for this recording.
Mr. Fletcher is in demand as a performer in cultural venues throughout the United States.
Here’s what we hear on this CD:
- Lyric Pieces I (8), Op. 12
- Lyric Pieces IX (6), Op. 68
- Peer Gynt: Solveig’s Song
- Holberg Suite, Op. 40: Sarabande
- Lyric Pieces Op. 47: No. 3 – Melody
- Lyric Pieces Op. 65: No. 2 – Bondens sang
- Lyric Pieces Op. 71: No. 1 – Once upon a Time
- 19 Norwegian Folksongs, Op. 66: Gjendines bådnlåt
- Lyric Pieces Op. 43: No. 3 – In der Heimat
- Lyric Pieces Op. 47: No. 7 – Elegy
- Lyric Pieces Op. 71: No. 7 – Remembrances
Performed by Peter Fletcher (guitar)
Let me illustrate Mr. Fletcher’s musicianship with some videos:
First, the Gymnopedie by Satie:
And next, here is Peter Fletcher, entertaining the audience in Santa Monica. CA.
Tags: Peter Fletcher, guitar, Grieg, Satie