- Artemis Quartet at Carnegie Hall.
The Artemis Quartet, one of Europe’s finest chamber music groups, comes to Carnegie Hall’s Zankel Hall this week, bringing us music by Brahms (String Quartet in C Minor, Op. 51, No. 1), Beethoven (the String Quartet in C-Sharp Minor, Op. 131), and Kurtág.
Members of this quartet are:
- Vineta Sareika – violin
- Gregor Sigl – violin
- Friedemann Weigle – viola
- Eckart Runge – violoncello
- Sunday, March 23, at 7:30 PM
For tickets or additional information, click HERE:
Here is one of the Artemis Quartet’s CD’s featuring the music of Beethoven: (Photo at left side).
- Beethoven: String Quartets #2 (Op. 18-2); #9 (Op. 59-3); #14 (Op. 131); and #15 (Op. 132)
And let me illustrate with a video:
Artemis Quartet performs the Beethoven quartet Op.95 – 2. Allegretto ma non troppo; 3. Allegro assai vivace ma serioso:
Tags: Event, Concert, Artemis Quartet, Carnegie Hall, New York