Chamber music Event:
- The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center presents:
- “An Evening With Robert Schumann”
At Alice Tully Hall in New York City
Robert Schumann was one of the most influential composers of the romantic movement in music. His compositions included works for solo piano, sonatas for violin and piano, four symphonies, and many songs for voice with piano accompaniment.
This event promises to be an exciting evening, during which the performers will present four instrumental masterworks by Robert and Clara Schumann:
- R. Schumann Selections from Fantasiestücke for Piano, Op. 12 (1837)
- R. Schumann Quartet in A minor for Strings, Op. 41, No. 1 (1842)
- R. Schumann Fantasiestücke for Clarinet and Piano, Op. 73 (1849)
- Clara Schumann Three Romances for Violin and Piano, Op. 22 (1853)
- R. Schumann Sonata No. 1 in A minor for Violin and Piano, Op. 105 (1851)
- Sunday, April 27th, 2014 at 5:00 PM
The performing artists are:
• Inon Barnatan, piano
• Ani Kavafian, violin
• Orion String Quartet, ensemble
• Romie de Guise-Langlois, clarinet
- Alice Tully Hall, in New York City
- Telephone: 212-875-5788.
- More information? Click HERE.
Here is a work that is not included in the evening’s program: Joshua Bell and Yuja Wang perform “Three Romances for Violin and Piano, Op. 94” by Robert Schumann:
But you get the idea what you’ll hear.
Tags: Robert Schumann, Clara Schumann, Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, “An Evening With Robert Schumann”, Alice Tully Hall