For those of you who are close to NYC, I have a series of three concerts for you that are not to be missed:
- The first concert all-orchestral program features John Adams’ composition titled “Slonimsky’s Earbox”; that is followed by Richard Strauss’ “Don Juan”, and the Symphonie Fantastique by Hector Berlioz.
- The second concert features Beethoven’s Fourth Piano Concerto (with Mitsuko Uchida) and Shostakovich’s Fifth Symphony.
- And the third and final concert offers Ligeti’s “Atmosphères” as well as Alban Berg’s Violin Concerto (with Gil Shaham) and Brahms’ Symphony No. 2 in D Major.
- Carnegie Hall; 212-247-7800.
- May 16th and17th at 8 PM and May 18th at 2 PM.
Here is Alban Berg’s Violin Concerto with violinist Isabelle Faust, and Claudio Abbado, conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker:
And next, here is the final movement from Brahms’ Symphony No.2 conducted by Mariss Jansons:
Tags: Concerts, events, New York, Carnegie Hall, May 16 – 18, Mariss Jansons, Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra