- The Cello Works.
On this CD, we get to hear this cellist in the music of Dvorak, listed below.
Antonín Dvorák’s Cello Concerto is one of the masterpieces of the cello, and every world-class cellist naturally includes it into his repertoire. This is also the case for Daniel Müller-Schott, who will be performing it in the great concert halls of Europe in 2014 and at the Lincoln Center in New York.
- Cello Concerto in B minor, Op. 104; with the NDR Sinfonieorchester, Michael Sanderling conducting.
- Romantic Pieces (4) for Cello & Piano, Op. 75, with Robert Kulek (piano)
- Waldesruhe (Silent woods) for cello and orchestra, Op. 68 No. 5 with Robert Kulek (piano)
- Rondo in G minor for cello & piano, Op. 94, B. 171, with Robert Kulek (piano)
- Slavonic Dance No. 8 in G minor, Op. 46 No. 8 with Robert Kulek (piano)
- Songs My Mother Taught Me, Op. 55 No. 4, with Robert Kulek (piano)
Performed by Daniel Müller-Schott, cello.
The Cello solo part in Dvorák’s concerto starts off in a passionate, stormy mood, but ends in a more lyrical, somber vein under the shadow of the illness and death of his sister-in-law Josefina at the time that the concerto was composed.
Müller-Schott’s new recording also includes several chamber music works and arrangements that offer insight as to how Dvorák gradually developed his compositional style for cello, up to the point when he composed his concerto in 1894-5.
Together with the pianist Robert Kulek, Müller-Schott has also included in this CD arrangements of the four Romantic Pieces op. 75 and of ‘Songs my mother taught me’ from the Gypsy Songs cycle.
Here is Antonin Dvorak’s Cello concerto Op. 104 performed by Daniel Müller Schott, with the Denmark Radio SymfoniOrkestret conducted by Dmitrij Kitajenko:
And next, here is the amazing Brahms Double concerto with Julia Fischer, violin, and Daniel Müller-Schott, cello.
Finally, here’s a great romantic gem: Daniel Müller-Schott plays the Schumann cello concerto:
Tags: Dvorak, Daniel Müller Schott, Denmark Radio SymfoniOrkestret, Cello Concerto, Slavonic dance, Songs My Mother Taught me