San Francisco Concert.
Davies Symphony Hall; 201 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco.
- Thu, May 22, 2014 at 8:00pm
- Fri, May 23, 2014 at 8:00pm
- Sat, May 24, 2014 at 8:00pm
- Sun, May 25, 2014 at 2:00pm
- Fauré Pavane, Opus 50
- Schubert Entr’acte No. 3 in B-flat major from Rosamunde, D.797
- Grieg The Last Spring, Opus 34, no.2
- Prokofiev Piano Concerto No. 1 in D-flat major, Opus 10
- Litolff Scherzo from Concerto symphonique No. 4 in D minor, Opus 102
- Debussy Images
These SF Symphony performances feature a so-called ‘salon style’ sampling of short pieces chosen to showcase the Orchestra’s virtuosity. Each one reveals different facets of the orchestra, highlighting the quality of the different sections and the sensitivity and artistry of solo players in the ensemble.
Debussy’s great orchestral piece called “Images” concludes the program.
I was unable to locate a video of the first piano concerto, so—instead – here is Yuja Wang in the Prokofiev piano concerto No. 2:
Tags: Yuja Wang, Concert, San Francisco Symphony, Prokofiev Piano Concerto No. 1, Faure, Schubert, Grieg