- Plays Bach.
On this CD, Lisa Batiashvili presents a nice selection in chamber and orchestral music of popular, but also newly recorded Bach pieces.
This recording includes the first ever recording of Bach’s famous aria “Erbarme Dich, mein Gott” in a transcription for violin, oboe and orchestra. Also on this CD, we hear the wonderful double concerto for violin and oboe BWV 1060.
In this performance, Lisa collaborates with her husband, the oboist Francois Leleux. An excellent interpretation. Music by C. Ph. E. Bach is also included; and we get to enjoy his Trio Sonata in B flat minor for violin, flute and Basso Continuo. For this music, Lisa Batiashvili teams up with the well-known flutist from Berliner Philharmoniker, Emmanuel Pahud.
The selections in detail are: Bach, C P E:
- Trio in B minor for flute, violin and basso continuo, Wq 143, performed by Lisa Batiashvili (violin), Emmanuel Pahud (flute), and Peter Kofler.
- Concerto for Oboe & Violin in C minor, BWV1060, performed by François Leleux (oboe), with the Kammerorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks, Radoslaw Szulc conducting.
- Cantata BWV156 ‘Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe’: I. Sinfonia, as performed by the Kammerorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks, Radoslaw Szulc conducting.
- Violin Concerto No. 2 in E major, BWV1042, performed by Lisa Batiashvili (violin), with the Kammerorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks, Radoslaw Szulc conducting.
- Sonata for solo violin No. 2 in A minor, BWV1003, performed by Lisa Batiashvili (violin).
- St Matthew Passion, BWV244: ‘Erbarme dich’, with François Leleux (oboe), and the Kammerorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks, Radoslaw Szulc conductor.
All performed by Lisa Batiashvili, violin, and her collaborators.
Here is the Bach Concerto for violin and oboe with Lisa Batiashvili, violin, and François Leleux, oboe:
And next, here are Lisa Batiashvili and Khatia Buniatishvili in Schubert’s Sonata for Violin and Piano: