- Works for Guitar.
This double CD recording brings together all the Bach recordings ever made by German guitarist Tilman Hoppstock; we get to listen to the following works:
Bach, J S:
- Lute Suites Nos. 1-4, BWV995-997 & 1006a
- Chaconne-Tombeau (‘Christ lag in Todesbanden’) from Partita BWV1004
- Partita No. 1 in B flat major, BWV825
- Fantasia & Fugue in C minor, BWV906
- Fantasia & Fugue in A minor, BWV904
- Guitar duo, live recording
- Trio Sonata No. 5 in C major, BWV529
- Violin Sonata in G minor, BWV1020
- Duo Violoncello piccolo & Gitarre
Performed by Tilman Hoppstock, guitar.
Mr. Hoppstock has achieved a milestone in seeing all his recordings during the past 22 years accumulated in a single CD album. (Photo at left column)
I always like to explore what the performer himself says about his own interpretations: (Translated from the German, as follows).
“I was delighted … that all these are productions made over the course of 22 years between 1979 and 2001 . Thus, on the one hand, this double CD introduces the manifold possibilities of interpreting Bach‘s works on the guitar, but also, on the other hand, opens up … the view onto different interpretative approaches from various phases of my artistic development and forms, not least, a compendium of my intensive occupation with the works of Johann Sebastian Bach over many years.”
Here is the Bach: Clavier Partita No 1, ‘Sarabande’, adapted for guitar and performed by Tilman Hoppstock:
And next, here is Tilman Hoppstock + the Duo Gruber-Maklar in Piazzolla’s amazing piece titled “Libertango”
This is so great!
Tags: Tilman Hoppstock, Guitar, Johann Sebastian Bach