An Evening With The Royal Opera.
The selections are very diverse, and suitable for any Opera-lover’s moods:
- La fleur que tu m’avais jetée (from Carmen), with Jonas Kaufmann (tenor)
- Abendsegen ‘Abends will ich schlafen gehn’ (Hänsel und Gretel), sung by Diana Damrau (soprano), Angelika Kirschlager (mezzo)
- La ci darem la mano (from Don Giovanni), performed by Miah Persson (soprano), Simon Keenlyside (baritone)
- Non piu andrai, farfallone amoroso (from Le Nozze di Figaro), with Erwin Schrott (bass-baritone)
- Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen (from Die Zauberflöte), with Diana Damrau (soprano)
- Pa-pa-pa-pa-Papagena (from Die Zauberflöte), with Ailish Tynan (soprano), Simon Keenlyside (baritone)
- O soave fanciulla (from La Bohème), with Hibla Gerzmava (soprano), Teodor Illincai (Rodolfo)
- Quando me’n vo (from La Bohème), with Inna Duka (soprano)
- O mio babbino caro (from Gianni Schicchi), ssung by Ekaterina Siurina (soprano)
- When I am laid in earth (from Dido and Aeneas), performed by Sarah Connolly (mezzo)
- Il barbiere di Siviglia Overture
- Libiamo, ne’ lieti calici (from La Traviata), performed by Renee Fleming (soprano), Joseph Calleja (tenor)
- Di quella pira (from Il trovatore), sung by Jose Cura (tenor)
- Patria oppressa (from Macbeth), performed by the Chorus of the Royal Opera House
- Parigi, o cara (from La Traviata), sung by Renee Fleming (soprano), Joseph Calleja (tenor)
- Tutto nel mondo è burla (from Falstaff), performed by Bryn Terfel (bass-baritone)
Bringing together a collection of arias and choruses from some of the world’s favorite operas, this disc showcases the outstanding artists and productions from the stage of the Royal Opera House in Britain.
This is a perfect gift for anyone who loves opera.
The comprehensive package includes a synopsis of each opera, suggestions for further exploration of the catalogue and full subtitles.
International stars featured in the collection include: Jonas Kaufmann, Renee Fleming, Simon Keenlyside, Gerald Finley and Miah Persson.
Here is The Royal Opera Chorus on their day job at The Royal Opera:
And here is Prokofiev’s ROMEO & JULIET as presented by the Royal Opera House:
Tags: Royal Opera House, Renee Fleming, Miah Persson, Jonas Kaufmann, Bryn Terfel, Diana Damrau, and Angelika Kirschlager