- Complete Oboe Concertos and Sonatas.
On this CD, Sarah Francis performs Handel’s complete oboe concertos and sonatas with the London Harpsichord Ensemble. These interpretations are perhaps the finest on modern instruments, and they have received the highest recognition from national and international press.
We hear the following selections:
- Oboe Concerto No. 1 in B flat major, HWV 301
- Oboe Sonata in f major, HWV 363a
- Sonata in G minor for violin or oboe and continuo, HWV364a, Op. 1 No. 6
- Oboe Concerto No. 2 in B flat major, HWV 302a
- Sonata in G minor for oboe, two violins and basso continuo, HWV 404
- Sonata in B flat major for oboe and continuo, HWV357
- Sonata in C minor for oboe and continuo, HWV366, Op. 1 No. 8
- Oboe Concerto No. 3 in G minor, HWV 287
Performed by Sarah Francis (oboe), with the London Harpsichord Ensemble.
Sarah Francis is one of Britain’s foremost oboists, enjoying an international career as a concert performer, broadcast artist, recording artist, chamber musician and teacher.
Here is the Adagio from the Oboe Concerto No. 1 in B-Flat Major by Handel, as played by Sarah Francis:
And next, she plays the “Fuga – Allegro” from the Oboe Concerto No. 2 in B-Flat Major:
Tags: Sarah Francis, Oboe, Georg Friedrich Handel, Concertos, Sonatas