Pianist Lang Lang.
While I have not seen him in a live concert, my sense is that Lang Lang is not only a sensitive musician, but he also has an exciting stage presence.
I watched a video of this fine pianist in a master class with Daniel Barenboim, as they were going over the Beethoven “Appasionata” sonata. I noticed that Lang Lang was highly respectful, listened carefully, and realized he was in the presence of an experienced senior person. I liked that about him.
On this CD, we get a collection of some of his best known performances, titled:
“The Very Best of Lang Lang”.
- Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major, Op. 15 – Rondo: Allegro
- Étude Op. 10 No. 3 in E major ‘Tristesse’
- Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor, Op. 21: II. Larghetto
- Nocturne No. 8 in D flat major, Op. 27 No. 2
- Liebestraum, S541 No. 3 (Nocturne in A flat major)
- Hungarian Rhapsody, S244 No. 2 in C sharp minorMozart:
- Piano Sonata No. 10 in C major, K330: 2 – Andante cantabile
- Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini – Variation 18
- Prelude Op. 23 No. 5 in G minor
- Gnossienne No. 1
- Kinderszenen, Op. 15: Traümerei
- Piano Concerto No. 1 in B flat minor, Op. 23: Allegro con fuoco
Performed by pianist Lang Lang.
Here is Lang Lang, performing from his “The Chopin Album”:
And next, here he is in Mozart’s Sonata in B flat Major, K.333:
Tags: Pianist Lang Lang, Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Rachmaninov, Schumann, Satie