After her first recording of compositions by Liszt, pianist Khatia Buniatishvili followed this up with an album that encompasses five works by Frédéric Chopin. This album marks her debut concerto recording with orchestral accompaniment.
The compositions on this CD are:
- Waltz No. 7 in C sharp minor, Op. 64 No. 2
- Piano Sonata No. 2 in B flat minor, Op. 35 ‘Marche funèbre’
- Ballade No. 4 in F minor, Op. 52
- Piano Concerto No. 2 in F minor, Op. 21, with the Orchestre de Paris, Paavo Järvi conducting.
- Mazurka No. 13 in A minor, Op. 17 No. 4
Performed by Khatia Buniatishvili (piano)
Khatia Buniatishvili at only 24 years of age has already achieved an exceptional maturity of interpretations and a distinctive artistic approach that make her playing unmistakable.
She has performed in Vienna at the Musikverein and the Konzerthaus, she is also giving recitals in Berlin, Amsterdam and Paris, as well as at the Wigmore Hall in London.
Here is Khatia Buniatishvili in Chopin’s Ballade No. 4 in F minor Op. 52:
And here she is in Chopin’s Piano Concerto No. 2:
Tags: Khatia Buniatishvili, Chopin, Ballade, Waltz, Sonata #2, Concerto #2