- Violin Concertos.
Janine Jansen is one of my favorite violinists. She has terrific skills, and she plays with strong music emotions. In this recording, Janine Jansen plays solely the music of Bach. She is joined by a group of friends – all exceptional musicians. This is a wonderful Bach, which is lustrous, new and vital, made available in vivid, full studio-quality, sound. Recording the popular E – major and A – minor concertos alongside the Violin and Oboe Concerto in C – minor and two violin sonatas, Jansen and her ensemble explore these well-known works with a spirit of complete freshness. We get to enjoy the following selections: Bach, J S:
- Violin Concerto No. 2 in E major, BWV1042
- Violin Concerto No. 1 in A minor, BWV1041
- Concerto for Oboe, Violin and Strings BWV1060R, with Ramón Ortega Quero (oboe)
- Sonata for Violin & Harpsichord No. 4 in C minor, BWV1017, with Jan Jansen (harpsichord)
- Sonata for Violin & Harpsichord No. 3 in E major, BWV1016, with Jan Jansen (harpsichord)
Performed by Janine Jansen (violin) In the Oboe and violin concerto, she is joined by Ramón Ortega Quero, Oboe. Ms. Jansen’s ensemble accompaniment on this recording includes her brother, cellist Maarten Jansen, and her father, harpsichordist Jan Jansen. Here are violinists Leonidas Kavakos and Janine Jansen performing the Bach Concerto for two Violins: https://youtu.be/D9fU5eCVs80 And next, here is Janine Jansen performing Bach’s Adagio from the First solo Sonata: https://youtu.be/_0FEXtupkp0 Tags: Janine Jansen, Bach concertos, sonatas, violin, Harpsichord, Maarten Jansen, Jan Jansen