I have admired the musicianship and performances by Anne-Sophie Mutter for many years. Here is what promises to be a fine concert in Berlin by this outstanding artist:
- Philharmonie-Berlin, Large hall
- Address: Herbert-von-Karajan-Straße 1, 10785 Berlin, Germany
The performers are:
- ANNE-SOPHIE MUTTER, YEFIM BRONFMAN & LYNN HARRELL
- THURSDAY, MAY 19 2016, 8:00 PM
Beethoven, Ludwig van
- Piano Trio No. 7 in B-flat major, op. 97, “Archduke”
Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilyich
- Piano Trio in A minor, op. 50
The three acclaimed soloists listed above join together for piano trios by Beethoven and Tchaikovsky. Anne-Sophie Mutter (violin), Yefim Bronfman (piano) and Lynn Harrell (cello) perform Beethoven’s “Archduke” Trio and Tchaikovsky’s technically demanding Piano Trio in A minor.
Anne-Sophie Mutter was born in Rheinfelden in Baden. She embarked on her international career as a soloist in 1976 at the Lucerne Festival and a year later made her Salzburg debut under Herbert von Karajan.
Ever since then she has been in equal demand as a soloist and chamber musician, and has given concerts in all the major music centres of Europe, North America and Asia.
Here is Ms. Mutter in the Kreutzer sonata by Beethoven: