‘Dances and Waves’:
- Sommernachtskonzert Schoenbrunn 2012
Gustavo Dudamel leads a classical summer music event of 2012:
- The Summer Night Concert with the Vienna Philharmonic.
This year the main theme is ‘Dances and Waves’, a program showcasing symphonic and operatic highlights.
The concert took place on June 7th in the gardens of the Schönbrunn Palace outside of Vienna, Austria. Last year’s Summer Night Concert was a huge success.
The selections performed are as follows:
- Prince Igor: Polovtsian Dances
- La Mer
- La boda de Luis Alonso: Intermedio
- Khovanshchina: Dance of the Persian Slaves
- Dance of the Hours (from La Gioconda)
- Salome: Dance of the Seven Veils
- Polonaise (from Eugene Onegin, Op. 24)
Performed by the Wiener Philharmoniker, conducted by Gustavo Dudamel
During 2012, a total of 62 countries on five continents will be able to experience this spectacle.
It is always great fun to listen and watch Gustavo Dudamel because he is so passionate about the music that he performs.
Here is an extract from that concert:
Summer night concert – Sommernachtskonzert 2012
And here is Dudamel in Leonard Bernstein’s “Mambo”
Tags: Gustavo Dudamel, Dances and Waves, Schoenbrun, Vienna Philharmonic